Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My Writing: Kayla Nelson


So, this class made me realize how much of a mess my writing process was and helped me figure out a more effective way to write. 

The first post was a really fun experience for me! It opened up my eyes and had me realize how much I rely on literature and writing to live a fulfilled life. This was the last time I wrote an essay with my original writing process. 
Another blog post that was enlightening to my writing was when we had to do a preliminary analysis on a Donne poem. This forced me to find at least 10 different points of possible direction. This process gave me a start for any future essays! 
The most helpful of any exercise we did in class was the hour limit of writing. It helped me put a lot of my ideas on paper. 

These exercises helped me understand that lengthening the writing process can be EXTREMELY beneficial to me and my writing! 

It was super interesting to me to see how online and technological sources could be a help in writing. My facebook posts concerning my writing were met with many comments, questions, and ideas from friends I hadn't anticipated hearing from. It really aided my writing process to be able to reach out to an online community. I joined a Harry Potter community discussion group on facebook that had a lot of fun ideas I hadn't considered for my research paper. 

The social aspect of the class was fantastic! It was so great to have peers to talk to about the assignments. I loved sharing my methods for writing prep and process. And I really enjoyed seeing everyone else's methods as well. It created a community of writers that were all working toward similar goals. 

I loved this class and I loved getting to know all of you! WRITE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment