Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Writing Plan and Record: Rebekah Hartshorn

① Jan 19, 2016. 10:15 pm
Observations: The poems are similar in that they are both about love, have overtones of death, and deal very much in the abstract (or dare I say metaphysical, obviously).
Possible direction: I don't know how to talk about both poems in the same paper. Perhaps, the similarity of the experience of love in death from A Valediction: Forbidding Morning and the transcendent experience of love in The Extasie.


② Jan 19, 2016. 10:35 pm
It is very rhythmic. All the form was very deliberate, I think. That is something I don’t always believe, (that it was deliberate). Having someone read it aloud makes it a little easier to understand in some ways. It makes the poem more cohesive to my mind. Also, hearing it read out loud makes me trust the punctuation more. 

③ Jan 19, 2016. 9:45 pm
Prewrite Picture


1 comment:

  1. I liked how you brought up the idea that hearing it read out loud helps us trust the punctuation more. I totally agree! It definitely adds to the poem in ways that reading it to yourself doesn't.

    ReplyDelete