Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Writing Plan and Record: Rebekah Hartshorn

Jan 19, 2016. 10:15 pm
Observations: The poems are similar in that they are both about love, have overtones of death, and deal very much in the abstract (or dare I say metaphysical, obviously).
Possible direction: I don't know how to talk about both poems in the same paper. Perhaps, the similarity of the experience of love in death from A Valediction: Forbidding Morning and the transcendent experience of love in The Extasie.


Jan 19, 2016. 10:35 pm
It is very rhythmic. All the form was very deliberate, I think. That is something I don’t always believe, (that it was deliberate). Having someone read it aloud makes it a little easier to understand in some ways. It makes the poem more cohesive to my mind. Also, hearing it read out loud makes me trust the punctuation more. 

Jan 19, 2016. 9:45 pm
Prewrite Picture


1 comment:

  1. I liked how you brought up the idea that hearing it read out loud helps us trust the punctuation more. I totally agree! It definitely adds to the poem in ways that reading it to yourself doesn't.

    ReplyDelete