Monday, March 14, 2016

Animal Farm Prewrite

The first thing I did was discuss the book with some friends and family members and get their thoughts and ideas.  These are the notes I took while talking to them about it.






The next method I tried was reviewing any highlighted passages. I didn't highlight as many passages as I would have liked, because I reread the book right before we got this assignment, and I just reread it to see if I wanted to write on it.

One quote that really stuck out to me was this: "Somehow it seemed as though the farm had grown richer without making the animals themselves any richer – except, of course, for the pigs and the dogs." This would be an interesting quote to explore.  This stuck out to me because it could be a comparison not only to the Soviet Union but also to our own society and the class discrepancies.  

"he seldom talked, and when he did it was usually to make some cynical remark – for instance, he would say that God had given him a tail to keep the flics off, but that he would sooner have had no tail and no flies."
This quote also stuck out to me just because it is an interesting observation on how humans view trials and struggles in their life.  

The third method I tried was an idea cluster.  I did it a little bit differently though.  I felt like one of the most important elements of the book is the characters and what they represent so I went into detail with the characters.  Here are the clusters.





2 comments:

  1. I like the variety of your prewriting methods. I thought those quotes were particularly interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the quotes you decided to explore and the reason why. I also like your character clusters b/c i completely agree about their importance in regards to the novel

    ReplyDelete