Monday, March 14, 2016

Some Pre-Writing

I did some informal pre-writing as I started reacquainting myself with East of Eden. I started by talking with a good friend about her opinions on the book. It's one of her favorites but she hasn't read it in a while. Then I skimmed through the book and picked out a few key quotes. I was going to draw out some key elements of plot and setting, but I ended up drawing some of characters who, in my opinion, are the key characters (either for being interesting or influential).
I might use some of the other pre-writing techniques later in the writing process, like the idea cluster chart or the post-it notes.



2 comments:

  1. Did the drawing help you to understand the characters at all? Nice work pulling the spot quotes. I think that will be helpful to back up your claims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're good at drawing! Agreed^, I'd be interested to know how you decided what facial expression to put with each character or if it was just random.

    ReplyDelete