Monday, March 7, 2016

The Goose Girl?



I was trying to decide between writing on The Goose Girl and The Giver. I first read both books in middle school when I was awkwardly trying to feel comfortable in my own skin and figure out who I wanted to be. So both of these books influenced my view on myself. I ended up deciding on writing about The Goose Girl (although I could be easily swayed if anyone tried to persuade me). It is a simple retelling of a Grimm Brothers story but is written in a way that it still became popular.


Shannon Hale (the author - 22,500 twitter followers) and the Goose Girl series (4 books) have a pretty solid fan following, and I think they might all take interest in this paper. People who study folklore, fairytales, or fantasy may find it interesting (especially since it is a retelling of a classic story). Librarians and English teachers would probably also find it interesting. Goodreads groups and people who like the author or her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment