Monday, March 14, 2016

Playing with Sylvie and Bruno

"There's nothing a well-regulated child hates so much as regularity. I believe a really healthy boy would thoroughly enjoy Greek Grammar - if only he might stand on his head to learn it!"

"I suppose every child has a world of his own — and every man, too, for the matter of that. I wonder if that's the cause for all the misunderstanding there is in Life?"

So I talked to a couple of people (including my mom, who has not read the book but likes to ramble) about this book. I don't really have any "proof", though, because they were vocal conversations and I didn't think to set up a recorder or anything beforehand (which I feel silly for now). I will say, however, that some things that were said to me were very eye opening, and did add a lot to my previously almost narrow opinion of this book. 

I did, however, make a quick recording of ideas. It may be a little choppy and disjointed, but I was trying to state my most basic ideas as clearly as a could in as little time as possible. I find that while I can come up with really good ideas while speaking, I can't really hash them out with any kind of articulateness until I am writing about them. But I made a voice recording!

I hope this link works...It should. My phone was being a little brat and not cooperating, but I think this works. 

2 comments:

  1. The link worked! And way to make recording.
    Interesting ideas of innocence and guilt and knowledge. I haven't read the book myself. (I think I have heard of it.) I would be interested to know what you thought of it before, and how your ideas changed after talking to people. I'm assuming a lot of the innocence ideas came from after talking to someone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the book either, but I'd be interested to see how your opinion differed with some of the people you talked to and maybe how you were able to build off of and extrapolate their ideas. Also, I love the quotes!

    ReplyDelete