Thursday, February 25, 2016

Checking In on Research

First off, I want to say thank you to Lizzi. The sources she found are helpful and she has really great ideas. I think I will be using a good number of the sources she provided.

I'm still thinking about what arguments will divide an educated audience for my thesis. I'm leaning toward the idea that while music does play a key role in showing character development, it's the silences that really give us the information we need about them.

I like the direction of focusing on music and using Wit as a supporting feature. I'm mulling over the idea of pulling in John Cage and 4'33" as another supporting example of the use of silence. I realized that I needed to go back to part of the film, near the end and analyze the use of the music particularly as the story reaches its climax. 

I'm still in the research phase and I've got a little more research still to do. By the end of tomorrow, I hope to be on to the paper writing full force. Mostly, though, I'm just glad to be writing about music.

No comments:

Post a Comment